October 5, 2011

Steve Jobs....1955-2011

Wow so hard to believe he is gone. One of my husbands favorite visionaries ever. If you lived in my house you heard about Steve Jobs often. I was slow coming to Apple products but one of my very favorite materialistic things I own now is my iPhone. It is hard to believe I can do so many things with one little phone. It is like my right hand and I would have a very hard time living without it. He was much more then his products though and an inspiration to so many.
This is one of my favorite quotes from him. Excerpt from his Stanford University commencement address, 2005. His entire moving speech here.

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary." -Steve Jobs


photos: New York Times

No comments:

Post a Comment