July 18, 2011

kale chips

I like a lot of healthy food but I have one bad habit, an addiction to chips. All throughout the day I find myself grabbing a few chips. So several months ago when I heard everyone talking about Kale Chips I was hoping this would be my answer to finding a healthy chip. Trader Joe's sells it in a bag, cleaned and dried which saves a lot of work. One thing I didn't do the first time I made this {as you can see in the photo} is take off the hard rib part and just roast the leaves. It tastes so much better if you take the time to do this. After that I put the Kale in a plastic bag with extra virgin olive oil and some garlic pepper and salt and shook until it was coated. Next, put it on a sheet pan, one layer in an 350 degree oven for about 12 minutes. When it starts getting a little brown on the tips you take it out. The flavor was amazing and it gets so deliciously crispy that these will definitely be able to replace those unhealthy chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment