April 30, 2011

royal wedding

I so enjoyed the royal wedding. I set my DVR that night but I turned on the TV right before I went to bed and got hooked. All of a sudden I wanted to watch it live and I managed to stay awake until Kate and William rode away in the carriage. Kate looked so beautiful in her dress. I loved the the simplicity and modesty of it while still looking exquisite. Could not believe she did her own make-up! I also loved the way she had her sister as her maid of honor and the little ones as bridesmaids. The church service brought back so many memories too as it was similar to the service we had in the Episcopal church I grew up in. One cute story I heard on TV about when Kate was deciding which college she would attend. She had her college picked out and her mom asked her “don't you want to go to the college Prince William is attending”. She eventually decided to take her mom's advice. Crazy that they then met there and ended up marrying. I bet her mom was pretty shocked when her advice turned out to be so right!
image: here

No comments:

Post a Comment