May 24, 2012

Emeri is One!!


I can't believe Emeri is one today! It seems like just yesterday we were on our way to hospital thinking Brittany was having a boy! It was so fun to be surprised just like when I had my kids. Recently I spent a week with Emeri and Noah so Brittany & Andrew could go on a fifth anniversary trip to Seattle. I was a little scared since I had only babysat them for shorter times. It has been a long time since my kids were little and I had forgotten what hard work it is taking care of two little ones. Even with all the hard work I had great fun getting to know them better. I came home with so many wonderful memories and lots of pictures. Since it is Emeri's Birthday today here is what I learned about her.


She loves playing with her brother. Noah is up on the window seat trying to hide from Emeri but haha she's not so little anymore. She found him!


Her she is  after making the climb up on Noah's bed. She loves to doing this! He has a toddler bed so it is perfect for her to practice her climbing because it is so low to the ground. Over and over she does it for an hour or longer. She always wants to climb the stairs but she is way to little for that so this is a good substitute.


See that wall behind Emeri. That is her favorite wall! She is taking a rest here after just walking around that wall about 10 times. She just learned to walk and it is perfect for practice. She walks close to it without holding on but if she loses her balance she can grab on to it. It goes in a circle around the kitchen and Noah loves to follow her around it too. Super fun!


Next something she hates. She hates wearing bows! She looks so cute in them but she is just not into it. So what I do is get Noah and we try to distract her and put one on. Sometimes it works but like here she discovered it and off it goes!


Emeri loves to eat so I thought I would try to let her feed herself. A sink bath seemed like the best place for this experiment. Her she is doing a great job. Glad I decided on the sink as a little seemed to fall off the spoon! She is very proud of herself which you can see next.


I'm awesome!


When it is time to calm down after a hard day, a little bit of Talking Tom always helps. Looking forward to this next year with you and so glad I was able to be your mommy for a whole week. Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment