July 3, 2009

lonely planet magazine



One of my favorite travel guides is Lonely Planet. We use them all the time on our vacations. When I was talking to my older daughter recently she told me they now have a magazine. She said it was published in Europe and wasn't sure if we would be able to get it in the states. Then she finally got around to telling me why she was talking about all of this. She told me that she had been chosen to write a little piece on Vienna, Austria in the mini guide of the magazine (she had visited Vienna over the Christmas holidays). The mini guides are cool as they have travelers write about their experiences in the city they are visiting. That way you get a better idea of what it is like when you visit. She wasn't quite sure what month she would be featured but thought it would be around June or July. A couple of weeks ago I was in Borders and went to look at the travel section and was so happy to see that it was being published in the U.S. I flipped through the magazine and was excited when I saw Vienna was in the mini guide. A little further and there it was Danielle's little piece about Vienna, Austria. So proud of you Danielle!

No comments:

Post a Comment